Thursday, April 19, 2007

What to do with Words Award - April 19, 2007

Fran is a good friend from my meditation circle. With her infectious smile and kind eyes, she exudes good will. And she's very sensitive.

Fran gets the "What to do with Words Award" today for an email she sent around earlier this week. Her spirit was crushed by the suffering at Va Tech, and she reached out to urge us to spread some love around -- suggesting we offer a kind smile to a stranger. It's a counter-move, a love strategy against hate.

Since she sent that message to a few of us, others in the group have passed it on to still more. I'd like to think it'll make its way around the world.

This phrase from Fran's email particularly struck me: "It is time for all of us to start showing the compassion we all have inside, to all our fellow human beings. I refuse to believe that the world is full of hate and violence."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It doesn't take a lot of effort to be kind. I see a lot of people working so hard to help others or give joy to others. Thus, I also refuse to believe that the world is full of hate and violence.

RennyBA said...

I think we sometimes are focusing of the negative things - and of course there is a lot around. But my feeling is that there is so much positive strokes and vibes also, so I stick to the idea of that most people are good and that there is hope for the world!

RennyBA said...

Just checking:-)
Welcome over to celebrate Norwegian National Day with me!