I've got the perfect idea for an extra special Christmas card! Include Buddhist contemplations on how to grow love in our hearts -- even for, as my grandpa used to say, the "PITAs" in our lives. (PITA=pain in the ass.) Here are the contemplations in abbreviated form. To read more about them, click on the link below to my UPI.com column:
- Think of everybody you meet as your mother/father/sister/brother
- Ponder the kindnesses of others
- Repay those kindnesses
- Forgive others' "annoying" traits...instead focus on their delightful side
- Be compassionate by feeling others' pain
- Stay committed to practicing kindness; it'll change you.